Thursday, September 24, 2009

The $10 Desk as it was when I bought it

I bought this desk for my DD#1 to use as a vanity for now and maybe move on to a proper desk as she grows. But I am loving the size and design so much, that I am strongly considering using it as a mini hutch beside our kitchen table. I am thinking white but aged & distressed. A tall black lamp, and a flower arrangement. The drawers for the kids' art supplies and such.
So as you can see I am a terrible blogger. I buy things then start on them, forgetting to take pictures as we go. With this one, it looks as though I had already begun sanding it.
drawer less
I bought this desk at Bibles for Missions once again.
I later went to Value Village and saw the same desk not painted for $149.99
I was shocked. I can appreciate wood furniture, but man oh man.

The drawers on the porch
So the pulls on this desk are made of wood, but shaped like rocks. They are terrible.
They are not going back on nor will they be re-used,
unless Hubby decides to build a climb wall for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment